Parallel World Parallel World

Note: There is a glitch on the level with the three guys where you have to go get the armor to pick up the slime over the water. When I got the armor I glitched out of the map and was stuck on the outside and unable to get back in to continue. If you can't figure out why something like this would happen perhaps add a kill self button or something to avoid such issues.

Tanooki81 responds:

You Can press [R] to restart level... I'll fix it ;)

Ignis mortis Ignis mortis

Okay, this has potential to be pretty cool, but there's a nasty glitch in the game. The pools of green ooze that kill you glitch up the game. As son as you die in one, the screen freezes on the upper left corner of the map for a few seconds and then you respawn at the last checkpoint... except that you then float 1 block over the ground for the rest of the game. Actually, the collision boxes for all the world blocks get shifted up 1 block so that they are all offset from the visual ground. The worst part of this is that the zombies are unaffected by the shift, resulting in them being impossible to hit.

This glitch is game breaking and needs to be fixed before the game is passable.

Revenge of a Dead Man Revenge of a Dead Man

Good:
- Shooting and gameplay feels great and smooth.
- Nice atmosphere.

Bad:
- Very long and unskippable intro. At least make it skippable.
- Having a single life per level really hurts the flow of this game. It could be bouncy and fun, but instead you have to go really slow and pop shots here and there. Being able to take 2-3 hits before dying would make the game more fun to play.

fabian-jarrett responds:

I was worried more lives would make it seem too easy. I also added a skip button now. Thanks for the feedback!

Man In Dungeon Man In Dungeon

It's okay. Here are some thoughts:

Good:
- The art is great.
- The levels are very well designed.

Bad:
- The controls aren't great. Space to jump? Why not up arrow or W? That should at least be an option. Plus, using arrows and space (which I already find unnatural) and then having to reach up to E to perform actions isn't smooth at all. The game is using too much space all over the keyboard to no benefit.
- Wall sliding fells really stiff and awkward. This is probably due in part to the complete lack of a wall slide animation (character just holds jump/fall animation while sliding). It feels weird and lazy.
- Hit detection feels odd. Spikes seem too easy to hit and blades seems really easy not to hit.

SirAlfi responds:

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll try to look into putting an easier controls especially using up arrow and W as well as putting the action button closer. As for wall sliding animation unfortunately the artist didn't provide me with the sprites so I had to improvise. In addition, I'll make sure to take note on hit detection for future projects. Again, I appreciate the feedback :)

Edit 1: added the extra controls. Able to use [W] and arrow keys fully to move and the use of shift to open doors since right shift is closer to the arrow keys.

[Pixel Rush 2] [Pixel Rush 2]

Good: 1) Reasonably fun and challenging.
Bad: 1) The game window is WAY too big. It won't even fit within my browser. The edges are all cut off. For a web game, your window needs to be smaller than that. 2) The respawn system is messed up. Every time it respawns me I come back right underneath of a platform and just fall helplessly to my death. I should be spawning above the platform. I think something about the y-pos of the spawning if off. Honestly, I'm not sure why the whole thing doesn't just restart when you die. That would make more sense for this kind of game; but if you want to keep it the way it is then you have to fix this bug.

GMR516 responds:

Crap, you were right.

I re-worked the respawn system to a simple game over when you're dead. Thanks!

Infinite Jumper Infinite Jumper

Not original at all, but pretty well executed. Some more threats as you move up would make it more interesting. It get repetitive very quickly.

Jackie Jackie

Pretty good. Simple premise. Generally well executed. The only problem is that there is nothing to aim toward, no sense or progression or finality. A simple scoring system based upon how long you have survived would make the game a lot more fun and provide more of an incentive to keep playing after the first few minutes. ;)

super shooty gravity dude super shooty gravity dude

Interesting. I'm not sure why every shot changes gravity. It's a little weird and uncomfortable. It would be better if shooting and shifting gravity were different controls.

Animal Squad! Animal Squad!

Great design and clever mechanics. The different combinations of player form definitely add a lot of variety to the levels. The level designs are pretty good all around but some feel a little unfair at times (especially when you can't see what it at the bottom of a drop). This can be irritating. Also, the visuals could definitely do with some improvement.

The design and mechanics are great though. Very clever and fun. ;)

yaup responds:

Hmmm yeah. It seems like people aren't super fond of those spikes. We were hoping that restarting a level and knowing what to watch out for will be a quick part of learning the level, but maybe that's more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks for the feedback!

RedMan ! RedMan !

As this isn't really a game, but just a little test-ish thing, I can't really give it a decent score; but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: 2/5

It regard to constructive criticism of what is here, the primary problems lie in the collision boxes of the items in the game: the platforming blocks and the player. It is obvious that either the collision box of the player or the platforming blocks is too large, as there seem to be invisible boundaries around the platforms (makes the game feel awkward and un-refined/un-tested). Based on how you made the game (looking at the tutorial in the description) this may be difficult for you to fix (not too sure as I haven't really worked with what's in the tutorial...)

If this is your first attempt at making a game, you may consider using a flash game development tool such as Stencyl. It's easy to learn and the sort of stuff like inappropriately sized collision boxes is easy to fix. Just a suggestion for getting started, but best of luck regardless! ;)

foued25 responds:

Thank you for your feedback, i think that i have an idea of where the collision box problem is coming from i'll try to improve all i can.